Sunday, December 23, 2018


2018 Top Twenty Stoner Rock Albums (#20-11)

I am expanding to a top 20 this year.  Here are my #20 through #11 stoner rock albums of 2018.  The video contains one tune from each, not necessarily the best or my favorite.  If you have been following my prior top 10 lists, you may have noticed that I make a point of using tunes I have not previously posted or used in any playlist on this site.  The idea behind this policy is that if these are truly great albums, they should be deep enough that I can post two or three tunes in a review, maybe another in a playlist, and still be able to find a highly worthy tune for my top albums video.  I worked hard to have nice transitions too, so I hope you will have time to give the playlist a listen, beginning to end.  If not, see my picks listed below.  In the video, track info is given for the first 20 seconds of each tune.  
                 #20: "I Tread On Your Grave" by               #19: "Pandaemonium" by Black          
               The Death Wheelers                                Rainbows                   
                Dirty, raunchy and fun instrumentals          A heavy, aggressive Black Rainbows 
                                    classic 

#18: "Tusen år" by Abramis Brama              #17: "Hashteroid" by Hashteroid 
All the quality you expect from these                  Stoner rock on speed.  Stunningly  
masters of old-school hard rock                    perfect                                  
 #16: "Cosmic Blues" by Black Elephant.        #15:"Artificial Love EP" by Manchino 
Seven excellent tracks; top rate.                     This EP covers an impressive 
                                                                              amount of ground in just over 30 minutes     
                                                                                                                     

#14:  "Science Fiction" by Church       #13:  "Peace" by Graveyard         
                   of the Cosmic Skull                                                                                 
This album goes where no heavy rock          Every Graveyard album is a 
 album has gone before.  Pure genius           must have                       
                                                                                                                   


#12:  
"Bitchcraft and Lizardry" by            #11: "Turtle Skull"  by Turtle Skull      
Reptilian Humanoid                              Never reviewed this one, but can't 
Thought it was really good                     stop playing it since I                
  when I first reviewed                                 downloaded it.                                    
and it just kept growing on me.                                                                       
Awesome                                                                                       
-ULTRA

No comments:

Post a Comment