Saturday, August 12, 2023


BLOOD CEREMONY: THE OLD WAYS REMAIN

"The old ways remain" is a lyric from one of the most dramatic parts in Blood Ceremony's classic song Witchwood from their Eldritch Dark album ten years ago.
Now their first album in seven years is a complete rock triumph.  There is no such thing as a best song on this release, but here's a truly beautiful one:


Never mind album of the year; The Old Ways Remain may very well end up being the album of the decade.
Toronto's Blood Ceremony are one of my favorite bands ever, and this is just as good as my previous favorite, The Eldritch Dark.  My posts may slow down, because I don't see myself listening to too much else anytime soon.

Blood Ceremony are elite songwriters and musicians.
Please take note:
Alia O'Brien: Vocals, Flute, Organ
Sean Kennedy: Guitar
Lucas Gadke: Bass, Vocals
Michael Carrillo: Drums



Shocked if this ends up not being the best album of 2023


 

No comments:

Post a Comment