Friday, July 28, 2023

On the Horizon...





LA CHINGA: PRIMAL FORCES

Vancouver's La Chinga produced one of my top ten favorite albums of 2018.  At the time, I described the album Beyond The Sky as "everything that was awesome about late 80's hair metal, without the cheesy parts".  In October, we're getting another album, and based on the pre-released track, I am expecting it to be in my top ten albums of 2023.  There are nine other tunes to come, but here is "Light It Up":

In late June, Pale Wizard Records released the Budgie tribute album "Never Turn Your Back On A Friend: 50 Years Later", and La Chinga had one of my favorite tracks on that album, a bonus cover of "Guts", the leadoff track from Budgie's debut album.  Here it is:

In my opinion, La Chinga are better songwriters and musicians than a lot of the bands that sold out huge venues back in the 80's.  I hope you'll pass along this great throwback metal to a friend or two and spread the word.

La Chinga are:

Jason Solyom: Drums
Ben Yardley: Guitar, Vocals
Carl Spackler: Bass, Vocals

No comments:

Post a Comment