Sunday, February 18, 2024

 


SLOWER


Spectacular Reimagining of Classic Slayer

Just look at who is on this album:

“War Ensemble” “Dead Skin Mask” “Blood Red” “The Antichrist”
Esben Willems (drums) MONOLORD
Peder Bergstrand (bass) LOWRIDER
Amy Barrysmith (vocals) YEAR OF THE COBRA
Bob Balch (guitars) FU MANCHU

“South Of Heaven”
Esben Willems (drums) MONOLORD
Scott Reeder (bass) KYUSS
Laura Pleasants (vocals) KYLESA
Bob Balch (guitars) FU MANCHU

First of all, if you played these tunes for me and I didn't already know who was on guitar, Bob Balch is a name that would have never entered my mind.  The slow heavy doom feel he has brought to these tunes is immense.  Slow everything down, throw in female vocals, and the whole thing just works in a way nobody ever could have predicted.  

I can't stop listening to it, and hope these musicians follow up with even more of my favorite Slayer tunes real soon.

Hear for yourself:



"The Antichrist", "Blood Red" and "Dead Skin Mask" are also covered here with equal dripping, oozing, awesome heaviness.  I will listen to this so many times it will end up costing me pennies per listen.  You know what to do.

More soon!
-ULTRA

No comments:

Post a Comment