Friday, October 13, 2023

Out Today..

 


FRIDAY THE 13TH BLESSINGS

GOAT: MEDICINE

I have been anxiously awaiting this album, and on first listen I am thrilled with my choice to pre-order the physical CD.  I don't know if I am just growing fonder of Goat or if they are getting more in sync with what I like, but the result is the same: another must-have album from a really unique and talented rock band.  I am loving the whole album, but here are two videos.

Want to know what it was like to be doing acid at Woodstock?  I think you'll come close if you turn up the volume, go full-screen and immerse yourself in this song and its included visuals.  This is a shortened version of "Join The Resistance"

And to stick with the tripping theme, here is "Tripping In The Graveyard".  Absolutely beautiful:

Goat manages to be more secretive about their identities than KISS in the 70's, but they are elite musicians and throwbacks to a time when psychedelic rock was a key component to a fulfilling type of escape from day-to-day reality.

Finally, an oldie: I've posted this tune before, but never this video.  A shortened version of "Let It Burn", a 2018 release, and the first Goat tune I ever purchased.  Since then I've been frequently surprised and never disappointed by each and every release since.

You can find "Medicine" on Bandcamp, along with Goat's other albums, all worth your time.

A "bucket list" item for me is to see Goat live someday.

Happy Friday the 13th!

No comments:

Post a Comment