Friday, January 13, 2023


 Three for 2023

New track from Sandrider:

If you're not familiar with Sandrider, I'd describe them as a progressive, relentless heavy rock band.  They're full of great ideas, maintaining a consistent 10 out of 10 on the energy scale at all times.  I own their first three full-length albums, and recommend them all.  Their new album, "Enveltration", is due to be released on March 3, and I can't wait to hear it.

Sandrider are from Seattle.  They are:

Jon Weisnewski: Guitar & Vocals
 Jesse Roberts: Bass & Vocals 
Nat Damm: Drums


New track from Space Deer:

I recently found Space Deer's 2020 album "The Forest" through the YouTube algorithm, and liked it enough to purchase it from Bandcamp.  Space Deer have a nice, familiar fuzzy sound and remind me at different times of lots of different bands I like.

Space Deer are from Madrid.  They are:

Andrés Balas - Guitars & Vocals
Carlos Muñoz - Bass & Vocals
Robert Paleoca - Drums & Vocals


Cool cover tune from Stone Nomads:

Stone Nomads released an extended single, a new track, and a cover of Pentagram's "Sign of the Wolf", one of my favorite Pentagram tunes.  All three are worth your attention, but the cover is my favorite.

Stone Nomads are from Houston.  They are:

Vocals & Bass - Jude Sisk
Vocals & Guitar - Jon Cosky
Drums - Dwayne Crosby


Note: On Sign of the Wolf, Esben Willems of Monolord is on drums, instead of Dwayne


Bonus Material:
Just because I love the tune so much, here is another, old but great cover of Sign of the Wolf, as well as the original:




It's another year and we're still alive, friends.
Go forth and rock hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment