Saturday, October 2, 2021

STONE CADAVER:

MEMENTO MORI, MOTHERFUCKER


OK, I think it's safe to say best album title of the year has now been determined.

The title and album art compelled me to see if the music was worthy of this kind of presentation, and I was abundantly rewarded.  Stone Cadaver is as bad-ass as the cover indicates.  Their music is uncompromising, deliberate and bludgeoning.  The songwriting exceeds expectations.
This one deserves extra volume:

Here's one of my favorites, "Murder Mountain."  It sets an atmosphere and hooks you into a story in a way that makes me think of Blue Oyster Cult's "Feel The Thunder."

Stone Cadaver are from Aarhus, Denmark.
They are:

Anders Bech Nielsen - Guitar, Vocals
Stevie Dalla-Zuanna - Drums
Andreas Cadaver - Bass

You can pick up "Memento Mori, Motherfucker" here on Bandcamp.

-ULTRA

No comments:

Post a Comment