Thursday, August 15, 2019

FUCKING PERFECT
I'm not doing my job if I don't acknowledge the first track released off of what will undoubtedly be the most important rock record released this decade.  
Has there ever been a band that has achieved a level of perfection even close to what Tool has accomplished in its last few albums?
I think not.
"Fear Inoculum", expands and contracts, ebbs and flows, like the floor or the wall when you're tripping out on mushrooms.  Tool quite consciously and quite successfully attempts to control your mood and consciousness with each and every song. 
The new album hits the shelves on August 30th, and I can't wait to hear the rest and to see them tour.  The two best live shows I've seen in my life (and I've seen a lot of shows) have both been Tool.  
Sit back, close your eyes and turn up the volume on this one.
By the way, Tool has also finally released its entire catalog digitally, and has managed to be the first band ever to occupy all ten of Billboard's top 10 digital song sales chart.  

This is the only way you could get me to look forward to the end of summer.
More tomorrow
-ULTRA

No comments:

Post a Comment