Saturday, April 28, 2018

HASHTEROID: Hashteroid
First Class Metal/Stoner Hybrid

When I first reviewed the song "Green Caramel", I knew the full-length release was going to be special.  If you try to imagine what 1980's Megadeth smashed together with At The Drive-In with a splash of Motorhead mixed in would sound like, then you are in the right ballpark for what you can expect to hear.  Too trippy to be called just heavy metal and too manic to be called just stoner rock,  whatever phrase you use to describe Hashteroid deserves the word heavy in it.  

"Green Caramel" is so far one of my favorite tunes of the year, but here are a couple of other great ones:

"Cool Ghost" won't take too long to win you over:


"Stan The Wolfman" will go down as a classic as far as I'm concerned:


Hashteroid are from Vancouver, another addition to the ever expanding list of truly epic Canadian rock bands.  They are:
 Alex Gidora – Guitars & Vocals 
Grant Prouse – Drums
Mike Grossnickle – Bass & Backup Vocals 



Every track here is still growing on me, and I give this one my highest level of recommendation to metalheads and stoner rock fans alike.  
One of the best releases of the year.
-ULTRA 

No comments:

Post a Comment