Saturday, June 18, 2022



 SERGEANT THUNDERHOOF: 

THIS SCEPTRED VEIL


Two months ago I posted a review of Steak's "Acute Mania", and I could just change every instance of the word "Steak" to "Sergeant Thunderhoof", and you'd have my thoughts on this gem of an album.  Similar to what I wrote in that post, I had owned a Sergeant Thunderhoof album, "Ride of the Hoof", and liked it.  But this album has blown me away, and shows an incredible amount of progression in terms of songwriting and production.  "This Sceptred Veil" is a masterpiece from beginning to end, and I'm going to shut up now so you can listen to some of it yourself if you haven't already.


I chose the first two tracks because it's impossible to decide which two to feature.  If you're like me you'll be heading straight over to hear the rest after these two.  I love the guitar, the bass, the drums, and think the vocals are incredible.  The songwriting is elite, and I'll be playing this album for years to come.

Sergeant Thunderhoof are:
Jim Camp: Bass
Darren Ashman: Drums
Mark Sayer: Guitar
Dan Flitcroft: Vocals

So far, Steak's "Acute Mania" and Sergeant Thunderhoof's "This Sceptred Veil" are my two favorite albums of the year, and that's saying a lot this year; so much great heavy rock has been released in 2022.

Until next time!
-ULTRA

No comments:

Post a Comment