Friday, June 10, 2022

 THIS ONE GOT BY ME


I was already a huge King's X fan back in the day, and when a friend played me the Galactic Cowboys first album I was intrigued.  I was told they became close to King's X when they were both based in Houston. The two bands, along with Atomic Rooster, a third Houston band, share some ideas that are as unique compared to the rest of the world as the Seattle sound was back in the same era.

Within that uniqueness, the three bands managed to maintain separate identities, as did Alice In Chains, Nirvana and Soundgarden.  Anyhow, I digress.  I bought the album, and then the next, and loved them both.  Then I bought "Feel The Rage" and was all done.  I liked it but lacked a desire to replay it many times, and was done with the band.  


Enter the year 2022, two decades later.  I hear that the original lineup got back together in 2017 and hit it out of the park.  Investigation ensues.  An album was purchased.  Like my other two favorite Galactic Cowboys albums, this has quite a few great tunes.


Here is one of the heaviest tracks, "Agenda":


Anyhow, I understand I'm posting 5-year old tunes, but with the thought that it flew under your radar as well.  Here's another good one, "Blood In My Eyes"

You just listened to:

Monty Colvin: Bass & Vocals
Ben Huggins: Vocals & Backup Guitar
Alan Doss: Drums, Vocals, Keyboards
Dane Sonnier: Guitar & Vocals



Now, my favorite song from their debut album and my first Galactic Cowboys purchase.  This is "Pump Up The Space Suit".  A little over a minute long, but it will be stuck in your head for hours, if not days.

That's it for now.

Next week: The two albums I think stand head and shoulders above the rest so far this year.

Until then
-ULTRA

No comments:

Post a Comment