Saturday, October 24, 2020


 MR. BISON: SEAWARD

PERFECT

The first night I posted a review in 2020, Mr. Bison was one of the 3 bands reviewed.  Their contribution toRipple Music's  "Turned To Stone, Chapter 1" was my introduction to this band, and it caused me to immediately purchase their 2018 release, "Holy Oak".  Realizing that album was better than much of my Top 20  list, I purchased "Seaward", sound unheard. 
(what, I can say 'sight unseen' but not 'sound unheard'?  Unheard of!!!)
Not only was I not disappointed, this is an instant member of the top few albums of the year club.
This album embodies all the best that Italian Stoner Rock has come to represent.

"The Sacrifice" holds its own in any era of rock music:

As you can hear, this album is elite.  Here's the longest, trippiest song of the album, called "I'm The Storm"
(B.O.C.'s "I Am The Storm" is one of my all-time favorite tunes)

Mr. Bison are:
Matteo Barsacchi (Guitar/Vocal)
Matteo Sciocchetto (Guitar/Vocal)
Matteo D’Ignazi (Drum/Sound Effect/Vocal)
I used the word 'perfect' to open this review, and I defy you to find a weak spot
 in this album.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment