Saturday, October 10, 2020


 RELEASED YESTERDAY

R.I.P.: DEAD END
"Street Doom"
This description (taken from the band's Bandcamp page) is just as good as any for this truly creative mashup of rock, traditional heavy metal, punk and doom ideas.  This album is energetic, irreverent and fun, and contains moments of genius that will take your breath away, from beginning to end.

Check out "Judgement Night", reminiscent at times of Anthrax: 

And now the following track, "Dead End".  I love the dirty, aggressive energy and the whole sound they have achieved on this one:

R.I.P. are from Portland, Oregon (home of the Wipers):

Jon Mullet: Bass
Willie D: Drums
Angel Martinez: Guitars
Fuzz: Vocals

Dead End is definitely among my very best purchases this year. 

Whether or not anybody wants my opinion on a top 10 list, I love doing them, and will have an exceptionally hard time at the end of this year trying to pick 10 best songs or albums.  As of today, this is in my top 3 albums of the year.  

It's super-important to spread the word on music this good; if we don't, nobody will. 
-ULTRA

No comments:

Post a Comment