Friday, May 3, 2019

SKUNK: STRANGE VIBRATION
Smell That??
It's fresh Skunk.  

The band that recorded my favorite album of 2017 has returned only two years later with an equally worthy release.  At the end of the day, when I take inventory of what I'm grateful for in life, I now have to add the band Skunk to my list.
Using the weapons of guitar, bass, drums, vocals and songwriting with an attitude, Skunk has brought back the best years of rock music.  How a band is this good after just two albums continues to amaze me.
  So, how could you not try a tune called "Goblin Orgy" first?

And here's one that's easily among the best tunes of the year to date.  This is the album closer, "The Cobra's Kiss"

Strange Vibration makes me feel like someone's crawled around in my brain and figured out every single thing I like about rock.  I can't say enough about this one.  
Hear for yourself here.

Skunk is:

John McKelvy - Vocals
Dmitri Mavra - Guitar
Erik Pearson - Guitar, Flute
Matt Knoth - Bass
Jordan Ruyle - Drums


Another review tomorrow night, my friends.  Until then.
-ULTRA

No comments:

Post a Comment