Saturday, April 27, 2019

GLITTER WIZARD: OPERA VILLAINS

Spectacular Rock Accomplishment

Glitter Wizard are great musicians and great songwriters, with a style that's as unique as it gets.  I gave this its first listen in the car, and had my player on shuffle without realizing it.  Hadn't looked at the names of the songs yet since I had just downloaded it.  The first tune that came up was the pre-released track 1, "Spell So Evil".  When the second tune came on I really got pulled in and was thinking that Glitter Wizard is a modern day Blue Oyster Cult, when I looked at the title, which is "The Oyster King".  Wonder if the band was also thinking of B.O.C. when they wrote this.  Anyhow, much like Blue Oyster Cult, no tune is representative of the album but every song is a rock clinic in some way.  

Enough of my gushing.  Check out "Dead Man's Wax", and think of how good this should sound live.  


Now check this out.  The constant change of pace keeps me riveted to this album.  Here is "Fear Of The Dark":
 The bass playing is great on this album.  Never overstated, and always perfect.  Opera Villains is truly special.

I find myself thinking sometimes that while rock reaches a far smaller audience than it used to, there has never been a year where rock music has relented in its push for world domination.   

Glitter Wizard are:
Wendy Stonehenge: Vocals
Kandi Moon: Bass, Acoustic Guitar
Fancy Cymballs: Drums
Doug Graves: Keyboards/Synths
Lorfin Terrafor: Guitar/Vocals
 Over and Out
-ULTRA

No comments:

Post a Comment