Saturday, May 14, 2022


Brant Bjork puts out music, and I buy it.   Not once have I been disappointed with an album that Brant Bjork played on.
Continuing the tradition:.....

This album sneaks up on you, and sets in deeper with successive listens.  It's also given me a new appreciation for Nick Oliveri.  
Some won't notice it, but he's masterful on this album.  Here's one that I liked at first, but seems more and more perfect every time I hear it.

My analysis:  
You may, upon first listen, dismiss this as good but not great, but if you give it a second chance I know you'll give it a third and a fourth and then you'll be hooked.  My favorite Brant Bjork album since "Black Flower Power". 

 Stoner are:
Brant Bjork: Guitar, Vocals
Nick Oliveri: Bass, Vocals
Ryan Güt: Drums




Leather Lung are a Massachusetts band I "discovered" and told you about back in 2019.  At first, I liked a few tunes on their "Lonesome, On'ry and Evil" album, but before long had every tune on it favorited on my music player.  Since then they've added a second guitar player, and have given us about 17 minutes of new music, which is very worthy.  Here are two of 3 great songs (the other 3 tracks are an intro, outro, and a dramatization of a phone call describing Leather Lung as "Woodstock Meets Mad Max")
  
.
The song I left out is equally good, and contains the classic line "The thing about moderation is I never give it much consideration".

Leather Lung are:

Mike (Vocals)
Zach (Guitar, Vocals)
Jesse (Bass, Vocals)
Ben (Drums)
Greg (Guitar)

Back next weekend with more underground goodness.
-ULTRA


No comments:

Post a Comment