Saturday, April 4, 2020

SLOW PHASE

SILVER FUZZ FOR THE PSYCHEDELIC MAN

Just being clever (or lazy) and making use of a couple of song names from this epic collection of classic rock ideas.  Slow Phase is from Oakland and features Dmitri Mavra of Skunk.  I think Dmitri loved exactly the same bands and songs as I did growing up, because he writes music that perfectly satiates my need for more of that classic hard rock.  
I loved the preview track "No Time", which Dmitri wrote as a tribute to Lemmy after meeting him.  
I am here to say that the rest of the album does not disappoint at any moment.

I chose to post these two songs due to the nice range of classic rock love displayed between them.

Silver Fuzz is as good as all the great songs it reminds me of, and it has cowbell.


Psychedelic Man cements the fact that Dmitri is as tasteful a guitar player as there is.

Slow Phase are:
Richard Stuverud: Drums, Percussion, Vocals
Dmitri Mavra: Guitar, Electric Piano
Anthony Pulsipher: Bass, Vocals
Not done...
Another post coming up
-ULTRA


No comments:

Post a Comment