Sunday, July 8, 2018


STARCRAWLER: Starcrawler
Really Young Kids, Channeling Some of the Greats

This album doesn't really fit in the realm of my normal reviews, but it's gotten my attention and I had to weigh in.  Somehow these kids have managed to develop an awareness of punk/rock history far beyond their years.  While I have to think these guys must be connected, in order to have gotten the kind of exposure they have managed after just one album, they are also naturals and truly talented.  Top-notch songwriting, with the stage presence of seasoned professionals, you will instantly be reminded of Nirvana, The Stooges and The Ramones.  
Here is their most well-known hit, "I Love L.A.":
(By the way, I think that's "Nuge" from the band Arctic at the front of the line at the donut shop):

Now here are a few live tunes, which in my opinion showcase the enormous potential this band has.  Arrow is 18, and Henri (17) was still in high school when this album was released, yet this foursome has a transcendent stage presence.

Maybe you think I've sold out on this one, but I'm impressed by these kids' talent and find the whole album to be pretty catchy.  I am looking forward to hearing what Starcrawler does next.

Starcrawler are:
Henri Cash- Guitar
Austin Smith- Drums
Arrow de Wilde- Vocals
Tim Franco - bass

Back with some stoner rock next time.  Until then!
-ULTRA

No comments:

Post a Comment