Thursday, July 12, 2018

LUCIFER: II
Kind Of Cheesy, But Really Well Done

If you read my posts, you know there are quite a few heavy stoner rock bands I love that have female vocalists.  I like to think however, that these are bands where the focus is the song, and not the vocals.  Lucifer's "II" at times feels to me like it was written as a vehicle for the vocals.  While this would normally turn me off, the band that is trying to showcase the singer is so good that they have produced an album of catchy tunes that are professionally presented, and just overall "tight."  I have given this album far more plays than I thought I would.  Hear one of the reasons why, with "Eyes In The Sky":
And now "Before The Sun":
Lucifer is one of quite a few bands which have chosen this same name, but these folks are from both Stockholm and Berlin, and are:
Johanna Sadonis (vocals)
Nicke Andersson (drums)
Alexander Mayr (bass)
Martin Nordin (guitar)
Linus Björklund (guitar)
Robin Tidebrink (guitar)

If you don't get why I used the phrase "Cheesy" though, check out the video for the opening track "California Son":  (Having a hard time believing that any of those three have ever really ridden a motorcycle)
Some chance of another post tomorrow.
Until next time:
-ULTRA

No comments:

Post a Comment