Saturday, October 19, 2024

October Blessings


 Check Out Some Of The Rock Gold That's Dropped This Month

PLANET OF ZEUS: AFTERLIFE

Years ago I described Planet of Zeus as Greece's version of Clutch, but now I see they are much more than that.  During the sixteen years after their must-own debut album, Planet of Zeus have not lost a single percent of their aggressiveness, yet have consistently increased the quality of production in a way that accentuates their songwriting and musical talents.  

Hear for yourself:

Planet of Zeus are:
BABIS PAPANIKOLAOU: VOCALS, GUITAR
STELIOS PROVIS: GUITAR, VOCALS
GIANNIS VRAZOS: BASS
SERAFEIM GIANNAKOPOULOS: DRUMS

Check out more of Afterlife here.






BLACK ELEPHANT: THE FALL OF THE GODS

Italy's Black Elephant just released a new album yesterday, and I can already tell this will not leave my commuting playlist for a long time.  As quoted from Small Stone Recordings Bandcamp page,
"Heavy Blues, check... Fuzz, check… Psychedelic, check!"
This album will make a lot of top-ten lists at the end of the year.  Listen for yourself:

Black Elephant are:
Alessio Caravelli: vocals and guitar
Massimiliano Giacosa: guitar
Francesco Glielmi: bass
Simone Brunzu: drums

Listen to more of The Fall Of The Gods here.





OLD BLOOD: MIDNIGHT CLIMAX

Old Blood's Acid Doom was in my top 5 albums of 2020, so naturally this was an instant buy for me.  They seem to have replaced "Octopus" on bass, but I can't find the new bass player's name.  Anyway, "Midnight Climax" is creative, polished and professional.  Every member of this band is a master of their craft, and I have to think they are very good live.  Hear for yourself:

You can hear the rest of Midnight Climax here.  Be sure to check out the very heavy ending track, "Snakes".





BONUS:  NEW TONY REED SINGLE: "EVERYBODY'S BLUES"

I've only recently come to appreciate how talented a musician Tony Reed is.  Someday I will post more on this Rock God, but his story is so vast that I will need to do much more catching up with all his work before attempting such an undertaking.  But for now, check out this single, which he calls a throwback to the 80's.  Tell me this doesn't get stuck in your head for quite a while:

This year is promising to be legendary in terms of the great rock it's produced, and wait till you see what's coming down the pike in November.  I'm out for now; continue to rock hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment