Saturday, June 3, 2023


DESCENDING FROM ROCK HEAVEN


Recent and Upcoming Releases


BLACK RAINBOWS: SUPERSKULL
When Black Rainbows comes out with a new album, it's an automatic buy for me.  I own all their albums and love each one.  Superskull will be released on June 9th.

Black Rainbows are from Italy.  
They are:
Gabriele Fiori: Guitar & Vocals (and founder of Heavy Psych Sounds Records)
Edoardo Mancini: Bass
Filippo Ragazzoni: Drums



VARIOUS ARTISTS: NEVER TURN YOUR BACK ON A FRIEND (50 YEARS LATER)
Pale Wizard Records is about to release the third album in their "50 Years Later" series, this one a tribute to Budgie's 1973 album "Never Turn Your Back on a Friend".  I preordered on Kickstarter, so I have the full album and it has some fantastic covers, as well as some great bonus covers from other Budgie albums.  But it's not officially released until June 30th, so I'm only going to post my favorite of the two officially pre-released tracks.  This is one of my favorite tunes on the original album, and Sergeant Thunderhoof has truly done it justice.

Sergeant Thunderhoof from England.
They are:
Jim Camp: Bass
Darren Ashman: Drums
Mark Sayer: Guitar
Dan Flitcroft: Vocals (and founder of Pale Wizard Records)



FORMULA 400: DIVINATION
I just came across this album the other day, and fell in love with it on the first listen.  I've played it through about three times so far and like it even more now.  The album Divination

Formula 400 are from San Diego.
They are:
Dan Frick: Guitar & Vocals
Kip Page: Bass
Lou Vout: Drums



SAINT KARLOFF: PALEOLITHIC WAR CRIMES
This album came out yesterday, and that's also the day I first heard this band, which has been around since 2015.  I was drawn in by this tune, and am so far enjoying the rest of the album too.

Saint Karloff are from Norway.
They are:
Mads Melvold: Guitar, Vocals, Keyboards
Adam Suleiman: Drums, Percussion
Ole Sletner: Bass




STINKING LIZAVETA: ANTHEMS AND PHANTOMS
Here's another band whose albums I will purchase without hearing.  Stinking Lizaveta are great musicians, and sound like nobody but themselves, and this is what makes them awesome.  I've acquired a taste for what these three do, and can't wait to hear the rest of this album, which comes out on June 23rd.

Stinking Lizaveta are from Philadelphia.
They are:

Yanni Papadopoulos: Guitar
Alexi Papadopoulos: Upright Electric Bass
Cheshire Agusta: Drums


I hope that I've turned you on to something you like!
Until next time...




No comments:

Post a Comment