Saturday, May 28, 2022

MEMORIAL DAY MUSIC MOTHERLOAD

 Many New Recommendations To Send Your Way
Geezer just keeps getting better.  I liked the pre-released "Broken Glass", but that's not even close to the best tune on this album.  Check this one out; it's the leadoff track, and if ever there was a great name for a heavy rock tune, this is it:





Electric Mountain is back.  I found these guys in 2017, 2 days after their debut album posted on Bandcamp.  It was "name your price", but I dropped some cash anyways that day, because it gratified me in ways no album had in quite awhile.  
Then the band disappeared from Bandcamp and the internet.  I thought I would never hear more from Electric Mountain, but 5 years later they reappear on Bandcamp with the original album and 2 new preview tracks from an album coming out tomorrow.  
Defining the phrase "Mexican Stoner Rock" 
Turn up volume now:





Paralyzed are also back.  They produced one of my favorite albums in 2021, and it looks like they may repeat in 2022.  Germany has never had a shortage of great stoner rock bands, which is why it's so impressive that Paralyzed has managed to be so unique.  Michael Binder is an elite singer in my opinion.


Just found this last weekend; they've been in my playlist all week, making me more appreciative of what they do with each listen:

Gypsybyrd are an atypical but a great representative of Texas Stoner Rock.







Witchfinder are from Clermont Ferrand, France.  They manage to combine a mellow vibe with doom.  Really cool stoner doom:


FINISHING WITH THIS:

Now, a candidate for most fucked-up rock video of the year, as well as one of the best songs. 
 Here is Baltimore's Black Lung.

All of this is new music, my friend.  Hope I've helped you to satisfy that itch for great new music.  Until next time

-ULTRA

No comments:

Post a Comment