Friday, April 30, 2021

Released today:

SNAIL: FRACTAL ALTAR

If you like music that assists you into an alternate realm of consciousness, and also have a soft spot for heavy music with lots of distorted guitar, Snail has what you need.
I've been on the Snail bandwagon since first hearing them on a Meteor City Records compilation.  I immediately bought the album "Blood", have purchased each one since and have never been disappointed.  Snail sounds only like Snail, and are one of my two favorite Seattle bands (if you read me regularly, you know who the other one is).

This is the opener.  
In the band's own words:
"Heaviness with sweet melodies and evil backmasking. Custom-made for mind expansion. Don't freak out!!!"

I'm also a big fan of track 3: "Not Two"

The title track is an exceptionally trippy way to end the album, and even includes a guest appearance by Ed Mundell.

Snail's new album is elite stoner rock/heavy psych.

Snail are:
Marty Dodson:  Drums
Mark Johnson:  Lead Vocals & Guitar
Matt Lynch:  Bass and Vocals 

If you haven't read it, check out the great interview Mark gave me back in 2016.

Working on my top ten tunes of January through April post.  Will publish tomorrow or next weekend.
-ULTRA


No comments:

Post a Comment