Saturday, April 11, 2020

LUCIFUNGUS: DEREK
EPIC ALBUM ART, EPIC DOOM

I came because of the album art and I stayed because of the doom.  I believe you will agree that the music matches the expectations set forth by the album cover.  


The First comparisons would have to be Sleep and Mephistofeles.  This next song is very Sleep-like, with lyrics that seem to be a commentary on our current global situation:

"We can't control ourselves.
This is not where I want to be.
Our state of mental health.
Burn the world in front of me.

The ground beneath our feet.
Will soon not withstand us.
12 thousand year event.
Maybe next time we will learn?

Depopulation comes.
Time for us has ended.
The reset will begin.
Re generate without us."

This is "Burn The World", which you can download for free here:


Lucifungus is from Australia, and is:

Be Rad - Drums and Vocals
DD - Guitar and Bass and Vocals

My sincere appreciation to these two guys for keeping it fresh during a pandemic.

If rock does not die, hope remains.


No comments:

Post a Comment