Saturday, August 17, 2019

THE BLACK FURS: 
STEREOPHONIC FREAK OUT VOL.1

Heavy, Dirty Blues
The Black Furs really remind me in a lot of ways of another Argentinian band, Mephistofeles.  Mephistofeles plays loud, heavy, dirty doom and The Black Furs play loud, heavy, dirty blues.  Their album cover art is so strikingly similar, I suspect the same artist works with both bands (and I'd really love to know if it's Robyn from the old Stonerobixxx blog).  Anyhow, the art draws you in and the music makes you want to stay.  The singer reminds me very much of Kamille from The Grand Astoria, with a hint of Bon Scott.  This is a trio with a powerful sound.  The bass, guitar and drum players are all consummate pros and the sound on the record is top-notch and distinctive.
I reviewed the single "Black Limousine Blues" here, so let's go to the opening track, called "Smoke It Alone":

And check out this short but sweet change of pace, called 
"Don't Put So Easy My Name On A Grave":
Here's another band and album that make me grateful that Bandcamp exists.
I'd love to hear this band live, or even to just hear them practice.
Anyhow, $5 gets you 42 minutes of music you can be proud to play loud.
Don't take my word for it; after these tracks, listen to the others here.

"Heavy, stay you"
-Yoda

-ULTRA



No comments:

Post a Comment