Friday, June 21, 2019

ENFIRE: JUNIPER LANDING
EnFire Gives Christchurch, New Zealand Some Positive Publicity
Positive, that is, if you like your rock doom-laden, with lots of satanic and marijuana references.  Juniper Landing is an epic debut album, by a New Zealand trio that has been playing together since 2012.  This album is really growing on me; I thought it was average at first, but as I kept listening it crawled deeper and deeper into my head as I came to hear it on its own terms.  On first listen I found the sound a bit thin at times, but came to appreciate the raunchiness and heaviness of it.  Excellent songwriting and musicianship is what you'll get here, with great replayability and no dead spots.

One of my first favorites was track 3, "Torment 10".  I love the way this tune evolves. 

On hindsight, I may have been attracted to tracks 3 and 4 the most at first because that's how long it took me to really get a feel for the groove that these guys are laying down.  Track 4 is called "Witchhunt":
Every tune on this album has some point at which I become all in.  "Bonglord" is in the running for my favorite right now, but still too early to tell.

EnFire are:

Nik Ward (Woods)- Drums
Dave Van Eerden- Bass
Cameron Taylor- Guitar/Vocals

Grab "Juniper Landing" here on Bandcamp for ten New Zealand Dollars (about $7 US - a mere 64¢ per tune).  

Bandcamp: Explore, find great music, listen all you want, buy what you like.
Apple Music, Amazon, Spotify, others: Pay first, find great music second

That's all for now; More soon.
-ULTRA

No comments:

Post a Comment