Saturday, May 18, 2019

DUEL: VALLEY OF SHADOWS
Duel Is Back
Duel's debut album, "Fears Of The Dead" was one of my top ten albums of 2016.  I've played it more times than I can count.  Can't put my finger on exactly why 2017's "Witchbanger" didn't do it for me, but I am happy to report that "Valley Of The Shadows" proves that "the third time's the charm."  

Tom and Shaun from Scorpion Child have something special going, and have produced another memorable rock album, with equally great guitar, bass, drums and vocals.  

Check out 'Red Moon Forming":

And now "Tyrant On The Throne", an epic tune if there ever was one:

Valley of Shadows is great rock that's interesting and catchy, and I can't get enough of it.  It's on Bandcamp but you'll have to search Heavy Psych Sounds, not Duel, to find it.  Or you can just click here.

Duel is:


  • Tom Frank - guitar,vocals
    Shaun Avants - bass, vocals
    Justin Collins - drums
    Jeff Henson - guitar


I am already blown away by the quality of rock that's come out this year.  I've been a little slow to check out new things because I just can't stop listening to the stuff I've already bought.  
Anyhow, enjoy this nice weather and I'll catch you next weekend, at latest
-ULTRA

No comments:

Post a Comment