Friday, November 30, 2018

JC AUTOBODY: Turbo

Fun, Adrenaline-Boosting, High-Energy Gold
All I can find for background information on this band is that it was founded by a guy named Jonathan Newby, from Indiana, who used to be in a band called Brazil.  But I can tell you that I have given this album countless listens, and have purchased the band's whole discography.  The "Witches" album is particularly good, in addition to this one.  JC Autobody has really created a unique sound and deserves not to be compared to anybody, but I will say that at times they remind me of Jackson Firebird, with vocals at times reminiscent of both Kyle Thomas from Witch, and Perry Farrell from Jane's Addiction.  Anyhow, here are a couple of greats from Turbo:
First, the title track:

Next, the tune you are pointed to first if you listen on Bandcamp, entitled "Horsepower":

And a heavier track, "The Reaper" from JC Autobody's previous 2015 album,  "Witches".  This one is so up my alley.  I just love the heavy vibe and the oh-so-tasteful two and a half minute guitar solo at the end of the tune. ( A little Kent Stump influence?)


Is this Jonathan???
Is that him on the cover of the "Indiana" album?
There's something kind of cool about not being able to have any pre-existing image to associate with the music while listening.  

Did I mention that all of JC Autobody's albums are "name your price" on bandcamp?
They clearly just want you to give a listen and spread the word if you like it.  
Personally, I love it.  Try them out here.

Thanks for reading/listening
-ULTRA

No comments:

Post a Comment