Friday, July 20, 2018

SPACESLUG: Eye The Tide

Released Today:

Actually, this was released Friday but since I haven't gone to bed yet, and since it's just a little after midnight, to me it's still Friday.  Anyhow, in the 17 months or so since I first heard Spaceslug, they have become one of my favorite bands.  I own every release, and a t-shirt as well.  Spaceslug music is a mix of doom and space-rock, with vocal harmonizations as distinctive as those of Alice In Chains.  Tripped out, spacey, and heavy.
Here is one of my early favorites, "Eternal Monuments":

And now "Words Like Stones": (am I the only one who hears some similarity to Isis' "Oceanic" album at times on this track?)
Artist Maciej Kamuda deserves an award for his Spaceslug album art alone, nevermind all the other great art he has produced.  You really should poke around here if you are unfamiliar with his work.  

I can't believe how much truly great rock Spaceslug has produced in a short period of time.  They are:

Bartosz Janik - guitars/vocals/synths/additional percussion instruments
Jan Rutka - bass/vocals 
Kamil Ziółkowski - drums/vocals/additional percussion instruments






Spaceslug made both my Top 10 Tunes and Top 10 Albums in 2017, and they could repeat.  Regardless, every Spaceslug release is gold, and Polish Stoner Rock has recently achieved an unprecedented amount of importance.   -ULTRA out


PS: Something else released 'today':

No comments:

Post a Comment