Saturday, October 21, 2017

MOTORPSYCHO: The Tower
YES!!!
The title here has double significance; "The Tower" is not only one of the best rock albums I've heard in a long time, but it seems to be heavily influenced by 1970's Yes.  I saw a comment left by a YouTube viewer of the tune "Every Dream Home" that said "Problem is that after listening motoropsycho, hardly any other rock band matters that much anymore." I remember when I first heard Yes' "Fragile" album, (it was a 1972 album but I heard it first sometime in the '80's). A few of the tunes really grabbed me because they were so much more complex than what I had been listening to, yet still heavy in a unique kind of way (Roundabout, South Side Of The Sky, and of course Heart Of The Sunrise). I started to play the album to death, to the point where I came to love every tune on the album and recognize the musical genius that Fragile represented. As far as other rock bands not mattering any more, complexity is definitely not everything. To this day I have not grown out of my love and appreciation for all the other heavy music that I was listening to; great music comes in lots of forms.

Back to the topic at hand though.  "The Tower" will likely go down as one of Motorpsycho's best releases, and that's saying a lot.  Here is "In Every Dream Home (There's A Dream Of Something Else)":
And here's the lead and title track, "The Tower":


Motorpsycho are from Trondheim, Norway and have been making great music for the better part of 30 years (formed in 1989).  They are:

Bent Sæther: lead vocalsbassguitarskeyboardsdrums
Hans Magnus “Snah” Ryanlead: guitars, vocals, keyboards, mandolinviolin, bass
Tomas Järmyr: drums


"The Tower" brings 85 minutes of some really different and creative rock.  You can purchase or check more out here.  Until next time! 
-ULTRA

No comments:

Post a Comment