Sunday, April 10, 2016

Sepultura: Derrick Green

Derrick Green Post

I am going with a metal post this weekend.  Original Sepultura will always hold a special place in my heart, yet I have always loved Derrick Green's voice.  It seems I am in the minority on this, but I honestly don't see how someone could not think his voice is awesome.  Anyhow, here are a few of my favorite Derrick Green Sepultura tunes, in chronological order:
From the A-Lex  album (inspired by "A Clockwork Orange"), here is "We've Lost You":
Tip: Turn it up really loud
From the Kairos album, here is "Dialog":
Finally, one of the most seething tunes you'll find by any bands:  Here is "Manipulation of Tragedy" from the The Mediator Between Head and Hands Must be the Heart album.  Between the guitar, percussion and drums, don't tell me this isn't as good as anything the band has ever done.
Andreas Kisser is an under-appreciated guitar player.  If you check out his double album entitled Hubris, you'll get a feel for how truly versatile and inspired he is.

Anyhow, back with what you expect from me next weekend: more stoner rock reviews.  Until then, stay heavy!!     -ULTRA

No comments:

Post a Comment