Monday, November 10, 2014

Black Eye of the Week


Our masked anti-hero, Tijuana Bob, is back in the office. He's coming hard this week with a new segment called "black eye of the week". No worries, he's not back to hit people with chairs or throw a few of the staff off the top of a steel cage. He's back to drop the leg on the less than savory moments of the week in regards to the Metal, Punk and Rock music scene. As always, TJ BOB's opinions are his own and bare no resemblance to any of the staff's own personal beliefs or hygiene habits. Read at your own risk.

 Hello folks, I'm back...hahha...cue my theme music
eh, forget it.
so I've been away for awhile
and wanted to reintroduce myself
I'm tijuana bob
former wrestling personality
on an obscure wrestling circuit
in an undisclosed area of a city far far away
they called me the king of the battle royale
i'm a huge metal head
i pull no punches and my opinions are often from parts uknown
so let's get to this week's black eyes


WAYNE STATIC
R.I.P.

About a week ago, we all heard the bad news about the passing of Wayne Static. As a fan of static x's frontman the passing was quite a shock. Sadly initial reports were wrought with false claims about drug use and how it may have played in his death. Papa Roach's own frontman jacoby shaddox made an erroneous claim about Static's demise which he later retracted. Static's wife Tera Wray Static made a few statements in the past week regarding her husband's death and her response to other musicians reporting on social media sites.
This is an excerpt from Tera's social media post
"It has come to my attention that many have questions and opinions about the cause of the death of my husband in which I now find is necessary to further respond.
Wayne was not taking drugs, if anything he was a drinker, and did not OD. The autopsy will be done by this weekend at the soonest, however for some of the test results it will take up to 6 months to get the actual death certificate finalized. I hope that the results I am given will have some insight, but they told me what I will receive this weekend will be deemed incomplete until all tests are back.
We can all have opinions as to why – We all know that both Wayne and I had abused narcotics with alcohol in the past, which I am sure took a toll on his body, heart and soul...I find it disrespectful to our families and myself for negative spins that are being posted. For Wayne’s music peers to take it upon themselves to make comment about us, when they are not part of our daily lives or know us outside of tour and music, just to grab a headline to get themselves at the top of the gossip page is disgusting. This is not about you or what you feel is your expert opinion on people you have no relationship with, so shame on you – Do not act like we liked your band either."
That said, I'm sure we'll hear the final outcome in several weeks when the lab reports are in. Either way, the metal world lost an original voice and an artist who made his mark. Once again, a member of the metal community drops off and there are a lot of folks claiming that they were friends or fans of Wayne and the band. My thoughts, it's a sad state of affairs when it takes death to bring people together to remember someone positively when all these years people were jumping at the chance to call Static and bands of his era lame. Nu Metal had some good shit.



Phil Rudd
AC/DUMMY

If you've been living under a rock, you haven't heard that iconic drummer Phil Rudd of AC/DC was charged with trying to hire someone to kill some people. Then that charge was reduced to "threatening to kill" and various drug charges associated with the investigation. Dirty Deeds indeed. All that money and fame doesn't buy common sense.




Fat Mike
NOFX=NO HUGS

Not so "Gordo" Mike these days recently alerted a crowd at his punk rock show that he was feeling sore around the neck area. (take your midol pussay) Cue fan jumping up on stage and grabbing him around the neck. Punk rock right? Dumb right? Fat Mike proceeded to back hand and kick the fan in the face before security could wisk away the now shocked fan. The fan didn't press charges and took full blame for Mike's reaction. (another pussay)
.....wait for it.....
Today (CLICK HERE TO SEE) footage was released showing the fan being offered a cervesa and a chance to kick Fat Mike in the shin. The fan donned a fluffy slipper at the request of Mike and half assed a kick to his Fat leg. (pussay) The video is extremely awkward and Fat Mike still comes off as a prick. Yeah Punk Rock! I would've leveled him with a chair and made him call me uncle as I placed his legs behind his back in a good ole sharp shooter. Just me. (no pussay)

Original Video of Kicking Incident below



Well that's all for now, I guess I could make a comment about the lead singer of the Cranberries headbutting a cop but I haven't seen footage of the incident yet and I doubt the pig sold the blow.
Until next time, Tijuana Bob says keep your head in the pit, fists clenched and kick your opponent when the ref's not looking. Watch Lucha Underground.

No comments:

Post a Comment