Friday, August 29, 2014

LOTD! Deathwish Compilation...a little late but worth it

The dog days of summer are here again. Seems like just yesterday when I was trying to compile a summer listening list for this site and like most times, procrastination got the best of me. Well I strolled across this compilation as I navigated the bandcamp landscape this morning. What a compilation this is. Not only does it feature two of my favorite bands, Converge and Code Orange, but also includes a bevvy of Deathwish artists who demand attention. Check out the tracks by Wovenhand, Doomriders, Deafheaven and Cold World for starters. Compilations like this are far and few between these days. Actually this takes me back to the dog days of summer in the late 90's when Victory Records used to put out some incredible comps.......cue the wavy flashback scene...fade out.


No comments:

Post a Comment