Thursday, April 10, 2014

Throwback Thursday Listen of the Day! Peter Steele Funerary Mix Vol. 1

On this day back in 2010, Peter Steele of TYPE O NEGATIVE slipped the mortal coil. As one of the most influential singers in Heavy Metal, Steele and company created a unique blend of sabbath tinged riffs and gothic gloom metal while always keeping a tongue firmly planted in their bloody cheeks. Today I decided, would be a good day as any to memorialize the towering "man of steele" with a mix tape of tracks from each one of their releases. These are some of my favorite tracks. I could easily have come up with a variety of mixes based off the number of classic tracks they produced throughout their career. I was fortunate to catch one of their last tours in the states alongside Hatebreed. Every picture I tried to take of their set that night came out horrible. Maybe he really was nosferatu? Enjoy.


Unsuccessfully Coping With the Natural Beauty of Infidelity - Slow, Deep and Hard

I know you're f someone else - Origin of the Feces

Black No.1 (Little Miss Scare-All) - Bloody Kisses

The Green Man - October Rust 

Everyone I Love Is Dead - World Coming Down

(We Were) Electrocute - Life Is Killing Me

September Sun - Dead Again
 

No comments:

Post a Comment