Thursday, November 14, 2013

Thursday Throwdown

  
 BAND: Young and In The Way
ALBUM: I Am What I Am
YEAR: 2011
GENRE: Blackened Crust






 Lots of bands these days are doing Crust Punk/Hardcore with Black Metal aesthetics but none are doing it as well an Young and In The Way. Angry, dark and something I must own. The biggest compliment I can give it is that unlike most music of this ilk it never dissolves into feeling like just a bunch of noise. There are plenty of great shifts in tempo, short ambient patches and some good vocal samples. Speaking of vocals I LOVE the vocals here. Raspy, forceful and completely understandable This is something you'll walk away from remembering.


VERSUS

 

 


BAND: Red Fang
ALBUM: Murder The Mountains
YEAR: 2011
GENRE:Stoner Metal




I like Stoner stuff. I hate Red Fang. Fuck their shitty music.



FINAL VERDICT:

 

Support YOUNG AND IN THE WAY! Go to their Bandcamp and buy stuff! Forget Red Fang exists!






 

No comments:

Post a Comment